Creating a blog on an e-commerce site, a winning strategy
Creating a blog associated with your e-commerce site is an effective solution for developing your e-commerce business and boosting your sales.
Of the many SEO and content marketing engine optimization tools in your arsenal, blogging is one of the easiest and most powerful ways to boost your e-commerce site .
When creating an online store, the focus is on the number of sales and the presentation of products. And yet, content creation is fundamental to gaining visibility, standing out against competitors and generating leads.
Thanks to the construction of an e-commerce blog, you will be able to highlight quality content with much more flexibility and freedom than on product sheets. This e-commerce content marketing strategy makes all the difference and increases your sales.
The main e-commerce web solutions (shopify prestashop, woocommerce) offer integrated blogging solutions. Otherwise it is always quite simple to couple a WordPress solution in order to deploy your blogging strategy.
What are the benefits of having a business blog? Why should you look into this practice when you have an online business?
10 advantages of having a blog within your online store
1. Improve your SEO positioning: position on keywords
Creating an e-commerce requires time, motivation and above all analysis of market needs . Nevertheless, after doing this audit, you must tell the world that you exist. Attracting consumers to your site is a real challenge. Visits to your online store increase sales and establish you as an expert in your field of activity.
To successfully compile these two elements, work on your natural referencing. Having a blog and publishing content regularly allows you to position yourself on specific keywords. For example, if a person is looking for a sewing machine, when searching on search engines they should come across your site. Your e-commerce will position itself in the first results only if you have a good SEO.
To outrank your competitors and get sound advice on optimizing your SEO, calling on an SEO agency can be relevant.
The advantages of this practice:
- Strengthen the internal mesh of your site: in the published content, integrate links belonging to your pages. This practice lengthens the visit time of Internet users and the pages visited will increase. They will thus become impregnated with your identity, your ideas and the DNA of your company.
- Earn backlinks: when creating articles, take a position on subjects or give advice on a specific theme. Consumers have the opportunity to share your articles, relay your information, integrate a link to your site on theirs. This technique is similar to word of mouth. We talk about you, because we like your speech and your arguments. E-commerces with only product pages experience real difficulties in developing these external links.
- Earn the trust of search engines: to gain positions in the rankings, the site must be active. It's not about building a site and waiting for visitors to come to it. Search engines may consider your data obsolete. Publish content regularly, show that your online store is up to date and respects the news.
- Position yourself on more keywords: writing blog articles allows you to offer content at different stages of your future customers' buying journey. The product sheets are dedicated to sales. Blog articles make it possible to capture an audience before the purchase decision, when they learn about products and services, seek answers to their questions.
Make sure that the content created is in your image and of high quality. In order to please its readers and stand out from competitors, the choice of blog topics is fundamental.
2. Build consumer loyalty
Creating an e-commerce blog strengthens the bond you can create with users. By telling your story through articles, you will highlight your brand image, your arguments, your positions and your DNA.
It is also an excellent way to promote your products. For example, if you have an online store of kitchen utensils, you can create tutorials with their use, explaining the origin, the characteristics...
3. Position yourself as an expert: answer questions
Generally, brands and companies through an e-commerce fail to prove their expertise and know-how. An e-commerce blog values all your skills.
Through articles of your choice , you have the opportunity to show your knowledge and explain your offer. It is not enough to highlight products that look like you. To gain consumer trust, prove your expertise. With this approach, you show the seriousness and reliability of your business.
Users are often reluctant, especially when they don't know the brand. They need proof and understanding of your skills. Publishing articles on your blog shows that you know the subject and that you are a reliable source of information.
In addition, this part of your site allows you to answer all the questions of consumers and to deepen them. When a person consults an FAQ, they want to read a simple and quick answer. An e-commerce blog gives your company a voice to support your point.
Put yourself in the shoes of the users: what are their questions? Their needs ? What are the hidden subjects of your theme?
Lift the veil and show your transparency.
Beyond proving your knowledge and establishing yourself as an expert in your field, you will gain the trust of visitors.
4. Stand out from the competition
With the explosion of internet usage, you have a 99% chance of having competitors in your industry . To attract consumers and convince them to buy from your online store, stand out. Thanks to the e-commerce blog, you have the opportunity to express yourself freely on the desired themes. The trick is to analyze what your competitors are doing: do they have a site with a blog? What topics do they cover? What is the frequency of posts?
Thanks to this approach, it will be easier for you to understand the content to be produced to be different. You can of course address the same subjects as them. Nevertheless, always make sure that consumers can recognize your style and your company's DNA.
5. Create a netlinking and internal linking strategy
To improve your position on search engines, content creation offers you the possibility of stimulating your SEO netlinking strategy and your internal networking .
In all the articles you publish, make sure to incorporate internal links to your site. For example, in a post about the importance of considering hair type when choosing products, put product links for each category. If you've written about the specifics of curly hair or straight hair before, incorporate the links strategically. This internal networking practice must be supplemented by a netlinking strategy.
Here are some practices for successfully embedding links to your site on other sites:
- Identify the sites that talk about your field of activity and contact them so that they talk about you.
- Interact on well-positioned sites by leaving a relevant comment in connection with the author's comments.
- Check that all the sites that mention your company have put the link to your site.
- Customers can have their own blog. If they leave a review, analyze where it was left. If they talk about you, ask to link to you.
Here is an article that gives you ideas for article topics for your writing work and to set yourself apart from the competition.
6. Increase web traffic to your site
While guaranteeing the quality of your publications, create an editorial strategy to gain notoriety. The creation of a publication schedule allows your company to anticipate, to have ideas, to be regular, but above all to be able to create different content in advance. These items require time and investment. In order to increase your visibility and your sales, organize yourself to keep up.
7. The pre-purchase process facilitated with an e-commerce blog
Having a blog in your online store has a power of persuasion. Published articles can convince prospects to buy and use your products.
Dynata , formerly Research Now, highlighted this data in a survey. Out of 1000 people:
- 84% of consumers base their purchase on what the blog says.
- One in 4 people bought after reading a blog.
- 46% say they read published articles to get an idea of the company.
All data is accessible to users. Impulse purchases are less and less . The current trend is to compare offers on the market.
Information is the first step in the customer journey. Show off your game by featuring items that can influence purchase, inspire and educate.
Adding a video content strategy to the blog helps boost blog content and get closer to your community by generating views on Youtube or other video platforms.
8. A strategy with a strong return on investment
Having an e-commerce blog is totally free. You can spread your ideas, pitch, and expertise without paying a dime, besides the cost of copywriting. If, however, you want to pay for the promotion and highlighting of articles on social networks, do a calculation so that the return on investment is greater than your expenses.
Nevertheless, you must be patient. Beyond the time spent creating content, your positioning on Google requires perseverance. It will take a few months to reap the fruits of this labor.
Moreover, one of the big advantages of this practice is that the content is constantly accessible after its publication. Unlike advertisements where consumers have to be in a specific place at a fixed time to see you, articles on an e-commerce blog are always accessible.
9. Create engagement around your online store
Having a blog within your website creates engagement around your business. Beyond its conversion power, you become a relevant and reliable source of information. Users can interact with you through comments. The creation of content makes it possible to discuss themes and personal experiences.
You can share with your visitors and collect testimonials. These exchanges are a plus for your business. You can make the necessary changes to your offer.
10. Gain visibility through social networks
All businesses have social media accounts. Do the same and share your articles on these platforms. This technique attracts more people to your site and encourages them to share with those around them. Within your blog, integrate social network buttons to facilitate this sharing.
You will gain popularity, visibility and engagement.
What blog content can benefit your e-commerce site?
You want to set up a blog, but you don't know what to publish. He is abandoned. You are out of inspiration.
Here are different items you can create:
- Case studies: these are ideal for showing the effectiveness of your offer.
- Demonstrations: show before/after, the evolution following the use of your products.
- Launches, product announcements, changes to your store: the blog belongs to you. You are free in the topics covered. It is a method of communication that allows you to highlight all the news of your business.
- Write about your customers: create a link and build loyalty.
- Tutorials, suggestions for using your products: show the use and what users can put in place with the products.
- Contests: reward prospects for their presence and win new customers through the sharing of contests on social networks.
- Articles about your brand: history, values, struggles, vision, identity
- On the lifestyle of your target: for example if you sell beauty products, talk about news and developments in this sector. This strategy works for all business areas. Having an e-commerce blog has advantages for the success of your business. Show creativity and perseverance to reap the rewards of your efforts.
Top comments (0)