Have you heard about copywriting and how it is a powerful tool to increase your conversion results?
Copywriting is the type of communication that aims to generate an action in response.
If you want your company's materials to have persuasive texts, you need to check out this complete content that we have prepared on the topic.
Copywriting is the type of writing focused on persuasion.
In marketing, copywriting is used as a tool to enhance materials such as websites, ads, social media content, marketing emails, blog posts, e-books, etc.
With the application of persuasive texts, the target audience is stimulated to make a decision, be it a purchase, the provision of data, an action.
More than creating persuasive texts, copywriting is concerned with creating communication focused on the persona and on the stage they are in in the shopping journey.
The copywriter is the professional specialized in creating persuasive texts.
In the past, that was what journalists who wrote the ads on the pages of newspapers were called.
The term was used to differentiate them from those who wrote the news.
Thus, the copywriter was the copywriter who gave voice to brands and who argued for advertisers to capture the attention of readers and generate sales among them.
Today, the copywriter's role is a little further away from advertising.
This professional creates texts and content aimed at digital marketing, while the advertising copywriter focuses on advertising campaigns.
Advertising text has a more specific role for direct sales and copywriting focuses on attraction and conversion strategies, such as Inbound Marketing and Content Marketing, always in a strong CTA , which directs and encourages the reader to take some immediate action.
Copywriting can be used in various materials and formats, such as sales letters, content for email marketing, content for advertisements, to develop video scripts, to write articles for blogs, in texts on landing pages and websites.
The goal is for the reader or visitor to take an action that directs them through the shopping journey, whether it be subscribing to a newsletter, clicking to be directed to another page, downloading more complete material…
It all depends on the defined strategy.
If you want to conquer persuasive texts that direct your target audience through the shopping journey, which will make them your customers, follow the tips we separate to ensure good copywriting.
To ensure texts that hold the reader and become interesting for him, you need to stimulate creativity.
Original content stands out, not only to people, but also to search engines, which penalize copied content.
Longer content such as blog posts and e-books are very welcome and are part of an attraction strategy, as in Inbound Marketing .
But when producing content, you need to keep in mind that the reader is looking for quality information.
It can be extended, if the subject so requires.
Focus on what is relevant about the proposed topic and don't create long content just to make it seem like there is more information contained there.
If the reader is faced with a long and unobjective text, you will not hold him any longer.
What will happen is that he will look for another source that presents what he needs more clearly and quickly.
If the reader feels confident in what he is reading and sees your brand as a reference in the market, the chances of gaining attention and taking him to the next action with the CTA increase.
So, to create brand authority, always publish content based on research, check the veracity of the information, produce original, useful and quality content.
As we are talking about copywriting and you already understand that this type of text aims to lead the reader to complete some action.
Persuasion is the keyword.
There are some convincing techniques that can be applied to texts.
One of them is to make use of mental triggers .
Mental triggers are brain mechanisms that lead our brain to perform some action.
They speed up the decision process, to save time and energy.
You can and should explore mental triggers in your texts as an incredible persuasion mechanism.
We'll talk more about each of them below.
Mental triggers can and should be explored in the copywriting of your brand materials.
Find out what they are and how they work in this context:
- Affection or Affinity : People tend to bond and connect with people similar to them, whether physically, culturally or psychologically;
- Social approval : they live in society and our decisions and actions are influenced by this society around us. Thus, the more people in society approve or opt for something, the greater the chances that others will end up making the same decision. One way to explore the social approval trigger is to use testimonials and comments from other customers;
- Authority : the mental trigger of authority is related to the fact that human beings tend to see others with levels of superiority, which triggers a factor of obedience and respect for authority;
- Commitment and coherence: this trigger is linked to the pressure that the human being feels when making a commitment, so that it is properly fulfilled;
- Connection : People relate to people , not brands. Therefore, bringing the reader closer to the author of the content can work as a connection strategy with the text;
- Scarcity : our brain reacts when it has the perception that we are about to lose something if action is not taken. This is one of the most used hooks in marketing and advertising, and no wonder;
- Specificity : as people are looking for quick and objective content, being specific within the topic being worked on can also bring good results to your texts;
- Exclusivity : the human being likes to feel special. Therefore, offering exclusive content generates interest. Furthermore, if the texts of your materials also present content that is not generic and easily found elsewhere, the reader's interest increases;
- Reciprocity : the mental trigger of reciprocity is related to the fact that a person tends to respond to a positive action with another positive action (in the same way that they tend to respond to a negative action with a negative one);
- Transformation : Copy texts need to deliver something useful to the reader, something he didn't know before reading the text, or else it will be considered a waste of time. Therefore, the transformation trigger can be explored, especially in title. But remember: your content really needs to deliver the transformation it promises or you will lose credibility;
- Urgency : Like the scarcity trigger, the urgency trigger is one of the most exploited by advertising and marketing. This happens because human beings tend to postpone actions and decisions until they become urgent. So, explore terms that create that sense of urgency in your content, to encourage the reader to make a quick decision.
Explore the mental triggers in your copywriting texts and see conversion results improve.
In addition to the points we highlight for good copywriting practices, there are also factors that should be avoided if you want to guarantee persuasive texts for your content.
Proofreading is essential in any type of text.
And copywriting is no different.
The content produced needs to be proofread so that no grammatical or typographical errors end up in the publication.
Mistakes can cause the credibility of your text to decrease, in addition to harming the goals of your content.
When we talk about copywriting we are mostly talking about online content.
Therefore, it is necessary to keep in mind that the texts must be there applied in different materials and for different purposes.
They exaggerate and providing very extensive content will not always give the audience what they are looking for.
So, think about this point when creating your brand content.
When a consumer is impacted by an ad or comes to your website, blog or social networks, they are not always looking for the brand that will solve the problem they have.
Most of the time he is discovering this problem or just looking for a solution.
This means that the contents he seeks or that attract attention are those that talk about solutions and not about products.
The consumer does not want to feel that your company is “pushing” a sale, but rather providing information of value to him.
Consumers are used to having contact with marketing materials every day, all day.
Therefore, you are already aware of how brands use mental triggers as a persuasion strategy.
Exaggerating clichés can make a bad impression on the reader and have an effect that no brand wants: that of turning away a potential lead.
The purpose of language is to communicate.
If content makes use of technical or far-fetched terms that are not part of the reader's vocabulary, this objective is lost.
You don't want your reader to have to leave the page to search for a term or, worse, give up reading a text in a situation where they don't understand it.
The language of good copy should be clear, direct and educational.
Your text can be good, but if it doesn't convey security and credibility to the audience, it will also fail in the persuasion objective.
Therefore, keep in mind that copywriting texts must focus on the persona, their needs and must be suitable for the moment of the relationship between consumer and brand that is found.
By adapting your texts in this way, your brand is able to create a relationship with the public and show that the contents are there to facilitate their daily lives.
If the text of your material is simplistic, without important factors for a good text such as coherence and interesting linguistic constructions, it will not fulfill the function of arousing and holding your reader's attention.
Good copywriting on your materials will definitely improve your conversion rates.
To achieve these results, invest in hiring qualified professionals or guarantee training your team with the tips we present in this post on what to do and what not to do when building persuasive texts.
Remember: good copy must generate connection and identification, it must understand and address the problems the reader is going through, it must offer the solution and it must create an interesting offer for the persona.
One of the ways for you to increase your lead generation with copywriting is by using Conversational Marketing !
With these Platforms you can customize the copy of your approach for each visitor, according to the page they are on on your website, with the device and also according to the marketing channel that the lead found your website.
As we saw in this article, in copywriting generic texts do not work, you must customize your communication for each persona so that there is connection and identification.
In this case , Leadster , a pioneer in Conversational Marketing in Brazil, can help you offer personalized experiences that generate engagement with visitors to your institutional website, landing pages and blogs, increasing conversion rates.
Create a free demo by clicking here .
Start now transforming content created by you and your team with this guide.
With persuasive texts your brand will direct your target audience through the shopping journey and improve lead and customer conversion rates!