How to sell more? 🤔
This is perhaps the question that most appears in the minds of managers and sales representatives.
This is also a challenge for our team of experts, and to share what we've learned over the years helping our customers sell more, we've created this content.
In it, you will check out several tips that will boost your sales results.
18 Tips on how to sell more
Want to sell more? Check out how you can achieve your goals!
Increasing the number of opportunities
The first step to sell more and with more quality is to get more qualified contacts for the commercial approach.
This means increasing the number of business opportunities.
For this to become a viable strategy, you need to:
- Know clearly what the profile of your ideal consumer is;
- Identify what consumers' problems are, how your solution can solve these problems and how to identify if the timing is right;
- Define a sales cycle, with a cadence flow and well-designed processes for each consumer profile, each moment of the sales funnel and each solution offered.
Start actively prospecting customers
In addition, active prospecting is a powerful ally to sell more.
But it's no use getting in touch with any type of consumer.
Explore the points mentioned above to select leads even before the first contact.
As the approach is done directly, the returns, whether positive or negative, are also usually faster.
Invest in lead generation and qualification strategies
What if, instead of just relying on active prospecting, you could also work with a list of leads that have already shown interest in your solution ?
With lead generation and qualification this is possible.
Qualifying your leads means offering the sales team the opportunity to approach them at the best time to close a purchase or contract, thus optimizing the sales process and achieving better results.
Improve your conversion rates
Conversion rate is the most important metric within your sales funnel.
Whether the relationship between visitors and leads or between leads and customers, it is about the amount of people who are willing to take the next step in the journey to become a consumer of your brand.
There are a number of strategies you can apply along the funnel to improve your conversion rates.
At the top of the funnel, for example, when the challenge is to turn your website visitors into leads, you can apply a CRO ( Conversion Rate Optimization ) strategy , which consists of testing to identify the type of message that resonates best with the your audience and leads to more conversions.
From the middle to the bottom of the funnel, when the challenge is to turn leads into customers, it is possible to optimize the conversion by testing different qualification processes or sales cadences.
After all, well-qualified leads reach the commercial team at the right time and with much greater chances of closing a purchase or contract.
Connecting with the prospect
Establishing a relationship with consumers also improves sales results.
If you want to understand how to sell more, especially in B2B sectors or sectors with higher ticket products, you need to be aware that the connection between seller and consumer is one of the factors that interfere in the decision.
learn to read people
Knowing how to listen and knowing how to analyze are two characteristics of salespeople who know how to sell more.
Study sales techniques related to human behavior.
That way, you will know if the negotiation is going the expected way, you will realize when you are losing consumer attention and interest and you will be able to reverse the situation in time.
Don't lie or make up information
Always be honest: Be transparent about your solution, the benefits it brings, the price, and even the limitations of the solution and negotiation you can offer.
Of course you want to close sales, but you also want satisfied customers – and that is only possible through honesty.
Practice active listening in sales
Always listen: You should spend 70% of your time listening to the customer and only 30% of your time presenting your solution.
This will make you understand the profile, needs and sales objections of that customer.
And that's the baggage you need to make the negotiation and closing of sales work.
The lead needs to feel that that purchase or contract is an investment for them and see where the return is in doing so.
As long as it is just an expense for him, the sale will not be closed.
A picture is worth a thousand words
Explore, whenever possible, visual aids to aid the sales pitch.
Seeing the product in action can be transformative.
Invest in free videos, demos and trials for this purpose.
Sell the benefit, not the product
In addition to selling your company's product or service, you need to be able to understand and show all the benefit and positive impact it has on your consumers' lives and challenges.
That's what the lead is worried about and that's where the conviction you need to sell more and more quickly.
Use testimonials and customer cases
This is another strong resource in sales arguments: the opinion of those who have already purchased from your company.
Have these materials ready to use during approaches.
And the closer to the lead's reality they are, the better.
Try to use cases from the same segment as your prospect, or from customers who have already faced similar challenges.
Presenting the product or service effectively
Is your service or product suited to the needs of the market?
And is it portrayed that way?
Issues such as the definition of competitive advantage, the difference between the solution and competitors, correct pricing and adequate communication make a difference when it comes to selling more.
Know what's selling
Imagine, as a consumer, coming across a salesperson who doesn't know how to explain what he's selling or who doesn't feel confident about his doubts.
You will hardly follow through with the purchase, right?
Knowing the solution you are offering is basic and necessary to sell well.
Customize the service
Your client wants to feel unique and special.
We are human and we like it.
Therefore, personalization in contact and in the sales process also has very positive results.
Adopt the language of your audience
This tip is also part of the salespeople's analysis potential.
Repeating the language used by the lead tends to bring more openness to the dialogue, as it makes the consumer more comfortable.
So, if your lead is more informal, follow that line.
The same goes for the contact channels he uses.
If he seeks out your team via WhatsApp, this may be the best channel to continue the conversation, for example.
Increasing the number and value of purchases made
Increasing the number of sales is one of the ways to sell more, but increasing the value of purchases can also bring the desired financial results.
In addition, the effort used to win a new customer is much greater than that used to make a customer who is already in the house buy again.
Build customer loyalty
Also use commercial efforts to strengthen ties between brand and consumer, offer satisfaction in the experience and encourage purchase continuity.
With good after-sales work, customers are more likely to make a purchase again and become multiplier fans of your company, recommending it to family and friends.
Upsell and cross sell
Offer upgrades to more modern plans or versions with the upsell strategy, solutions or products already contracted with more interesting values or payment terms.
Cross selling can also be explored to offer complementary products or services to those that have already been acquired.
You can use this type of sales dynamics after purchasing a product, in the case of customers, but you can also offer service kits or products with special prices already in the sale offer.
Adjust your prices
Price is a determining factor when making a purchase decision.
So, in addition to checking if your price is compatible with the market and your audience, try to offer the best option you can, if this factor is something raised by the consumer.
Offering a discount on an upcoming purchase or lowering the price on a purchase of multiple products or services can encourage closing.
Investing in yourself
Investing in you as a sales representative and/or in the team that takes care of this sector of your company is also part of how to sell more.
Check out our tips in this regard:
Develop your sales skills
To perform well, it is worth investing both in technical skills (courses in the area, learning sales techniques, knowledge of industry tools) and in personal skills (empathy, time management, active listening, etc).
We will address the aspects desired in a good professional at the end of this content.
Ask and offer feedback to your team
Feedback also helps in the sales process, personal and professional development.
So, whether you are a manager or a commercial representative, encourage feedback among the team, listen carefully and try to improve the points mentioned.
Use good sales tools and software
The tools and technologies available are excellent resources to improve sales performance.
Investing in a good CRM or sales system will create a history of approaches, help in the automation of messages, appointments and meeting reminders, direct the work of salespeople, distribute leads and enable the analysis of metrics and points of improvement.
How to sell more in any situation
Adverse situations appear for any seller.
You need to have a wit, knowledge and confidence to know how to get around them.
We'll cover each scenario below.
How to sell more online
The online environment today brings together many sales opportunities, both in B2C markets, with direct sales to the final consumer, and in B2B sales, between companies.
To make the most of what the internet can offer for sales, check out our tips:
- Focus on showing the benefits of the solution, instead of focusing on the features;
- Do research with your target audience;
- Offer more affordable options for your solutions to those with lower purchasing power;
- Provide a good consumer experience to encourage word of mouth;
- Promote limited-time offers;
- Create a rewards or loyalty program;
- Share your knowledge — this will position your brand as a reference on the subject;
- Build a voice for your brand;
- Invest in video content and webinars;
- Adapt your prices according to your market;
- Build an email base for nutrition;
- Develop and highlight your competitive advantage;
- Offer guarantees;
- If possible, sell products and offer related services at the same time;
- Create and sell a product with greater added value;
- Offer a discount when purchasing product kits or contracting more than one service.
How to sell more on WhatsApp
If you are looking for tips on how to sell more via WhatsApp, this tool so present in our daily lives, check out our suggestions below:
- Look to build relationships, not just approaches;
- Be objective in your communication;
- Disclose the contact of your WhatsApp number on all brand channels;
- Explore all the features offered by the platform: catalogs, status, labels, schedules, etc;
- Track where WhatsApp contacts and sales came from.
How to sell more on Instagram and social media
The growth of social networks in recent times is undeniable.
Every year, new platforms and thousands of users appear, who dedicate a good part of their time to browsing them.
And not only the amount and audience of social networks grew in this period.
These platforms have become important advertising channels, thus boosting the Social Ads industry.
So, if you also want to explore these sales channels :
- Pay attention to what people are saying about your brand on social media;
- Follow the social networks of your competitors;
- Create specific content for each network;
- Use hashtags in publications;
- Create strategic competitions for engagement;
- Include calls to action;
- Bet on influencers.
How to sell a product
If your company works exclusively with the sale of products, you can benefit and sell more with these tips:
- Include details about your product — and its benefits — in all your actions, materials and communications;
- Highlight unique features of your product;
- Use free demos and trials as a competitive advantage;
- Sell kits of other products with your top-selling product;
- Give your customers incentives to review purchased products;
- Invest in videos that show how to use and the benefits of products;
- Make sure your website is fast and offers good navigation;
- Launch new products whenever possible.
How to sell a service
Now, if your business is focused on selling and performing services, you can also use the following tips to sell more:
- Focus on building relationships rather than just making a sale.
- Use social proof and testimonials from satisfied customers to build trust;
- Emphasize the benefits that your service causes in the consumer's life;
- Create a question and answer section for frequently asked questions;
- Make a specific proposal for each consumer.
How to sell more and better in less time?
Need to hit a monthly goal in a short time?
Need to run out of stock?
Or do you just want tips on how to sell more and more quickly?
Check out our suggestions:
- Start as soon as possible;
- Don't insist on selling like consumers who don't have the right profile;
- Start your attempts with the prospects who seem most likely to close the deal;
- Qualify your leads;
- Plan day by day;
- Make each approach personal and personalized.
How to use neuroscience to sell more?
Neuroscience studies how our central nervous system gives the commands for all actions performed.
This field of study gave rise to neuromarketing, which seeks to understand this relationship with what drives our consumption actions.
To explore neuroscience in your sales process:
- Explore influence to drive added value to your product;
- Sell yourself before selling your product;
- Build interest and desire in the features and benefits;
- Sell the results that can be obtained — and those that have already been obtained by other customers of your brand;
- Use trust and experience to show your credibility;
- Donate everything you can to the seller-consumer relationship;
- Use scarcity and urgency hooks to sell more.
Why is a sale lost?
Not every lead generated, even if qualified, ends up becoming a customer of your brand.
This is a normal relationship, but you should do your best to avoid missing opportunities along the way.
Understand the most common causes that lead to the loss of a sale:
- Lack of preparation of commercial representatives;
- Approaching leads that do not have the desired purchase profile;
- Non-existent, non-standardized or misaligned sales processes;
- Delay in giving feedback to the consumer;
- Sales strategy centered on the company and not on the consumer;
- Competition with better offers and better deliveries;
- Lack of investment in technology and sales tools.
Can anyone learn to sell?
But that doesn't mean that anyone, in any scenario, can sell.
Professionals with different characteristics and resources can be trained to get there.
What characteristics help a salesperson sell more?
B2B sellers act as moderators between the two companies and need, in addition to using technical convincing arguments, to create closer relationships with influencers and decision-makers.
It is important that this seller knows the solution he offers like the back of his hand, as he often ends up doing almost the work of a consultant for the contracting company.
On the other hand, B2C salespeople often end up receiving leads that are already better qualified by the marketing team and need to work with different factors to close the deal.
This type of salesperson often exploits factors such as a sense of urgency, exclusivity, and personalization, which B2B dynamics do not always encompass.
In addition to the differences and desirable characteristics in each sector (B2B x B2C), there are some desired aspects for all sales representatives:
A good salesperson needs to know deeply about the products, services and solutions they are going to offer.
In addition, you need to know the pains, needs and desires of potential buyers, aligned with the consumer's purchase journey.
Sales processes help a lot in the commercial work, so when you have this type of support, the salesperson tends to do better if they pay attention to the process, follow it and register it in the tools used.
Having market vision, knowledge about the competition and about sales techniques are other aspects that make the difference.
Aspects and behavioral characteristics are also desired in a sales representative.
They are: empathy, optimism, ambition, focus, curiosity and the search for new knowledge, persistence, enthusiasm and humility.
Top comments (0)