Sending short messages allows you to be in contact with customers at any time, at any time and regardless of where they are, which is why it is considered to be much more effective and efficient than other marketing tools.
Using SMS Marketing ensures continuous contact and safe interaction, which can definitely boost sales by establishing a closer relationship between your brand and potential customers.
So, what becomes important in this strategy is getting the customers' phone number, since if used properly, short messages can be sent that impact their purchase decisions and brand loyalty.
It does not necessarily work for all e-commerce , as this strategy will depend a lot on the brand and the type of customer.
Perhaps the brand may prefer to use email or other information and communication tools, unless it discovers that its customers and niche audience prefer to receive messages, updates and offers directly on their mobile devices.
This strategy can be applied very successfully by ambitious online businesses that aim not only to increase sales, but also to create a community, implement subscription programs, and achieve high engagement and interaction rates with their customers.
Of course, the success will be in the type of messages that are sent. This should be close, informative and maybe even funny, because you should not bore the audience .
The essential thing is that you generate expectation, trust and desire to buy. Remember, the ultimate goal is to increase your income while earning brand loyalty.
The main thing is that you have SMS Marketing tools or applications and that you define a strategy that allows you to grow your list of SMS clients.
As for the tools, it is best that you decide on tools such as Klaviyo, Postscript SMS and SMS Bump , as they offer the best configuration and implementation options for SMS Marketing for e-commerce.
They give you the possibility to select and assign phone numbers to the different campaigns, as well as send automatic messages according to the schedule you have established.
Regarding how to grow the list of clients, a good option is the use of captive popups , which allows you to incorporate the option of the telephone number as an option.
Popups are pop-up windows that appear suddenly when you are viewing a website or online store. They aim to draw the attention of potential customers and make them interact, whether by leaving their email, their phone number or taking advantage of a discount coupon or an offer.
Another way to get your list to grow is to go to your email marketing customer base and ask them for permission to send them SMS . You will most likely be surprised by the number of loyal customers who would prefer to receive these types of messages.
However, the best option that Shopify offers you is that you can create an integrated marketing strategy, sharing mailing lists from Klaviyo to Postscript to develop SMS campaigns, segmentation and automation.
These tools make it possible to separate customers who prefer SMS and have higher conversion rates and send them to Postscript, excluding them from campaigns carried out by email.
The idea is to reinforce your marketing campaigns using the appropriate means according to customer preference, which will require a good strategy for sending automated and planned messages, possibilities that these tools offer if they are used appropriately.
Let's try to explain, in a simple way, how the integration of Klaviyo and Postscript works:
- The e-commerce or brands are responsible for collecting SMS subscriptions through the Klaviyo forms.
- Customers are then segmented at Klaviyo and added to email lists.
- These email lists are then sent from Klaviyo to Postscript.
- Those lists are then taken and customers are added to automated Postscript campaigns.
Postscript is an application with a lot of popularity and recognition in Shopify and Shopify plus stores , as they have trusted it to carry out their SMS marketing campaigns.
It aims to grow the list of subscribers or customers and create marketing campaigns through SMS. The purpose is to generate two-way communication that encourages purchases and brand loyalty, which translates into business success.
The basic functions of this application consist of synchronizing data in the Shopify store and activating automations and marketing actions through SMS :
- Activate abandoned cart recovery .
- Shipping notifications.
- Offers aimed at increasing customer loyalty .
- Promote through SMS the increase in sales and brand recognition.
- Get new subscribers at checkout, through landing pages, through pop-ups, QR codes, and integration partners.
- Generate automation of text messages based on actions performed by the customer.
- Track new purchases and abandoned carts .
- Activation of default automation templates .
- Increase participation in messages through photos and GIFs in the marketing strategy.
- Generate customer segmentation based on their history in the Shopify store.
- Generate SMS campaigns that increase sales.
- Control the proper sending of messages and monitor them.
- Offer campaign performance analysis tools , automations and messages.
- Guarantee the flow of incorporations complying with the TCPA standards of data protection .
- Postscript integrates perfectly well with support applications , customer identification and list tools, other email marketing platforms, web push applications, social proof tools, billing and shipping notification systems and popups, among others. Likewise, it integrates very easily with Gorgias, Klaviyo, Zapier, Privy and Sumo .
It is one of the leading Shopify eCommerce platforms . The ease it provides to send emails, SMS messages, registration forms and many other options, has allowed it to earn that position.
No matter what the size of your business, the platform gives you the support and support you need to grow and expand. In this sense, there are many options offered:
-Pre- designed integrations that allow you to discover the potential of your business and get the most out of it through tools such as Facebook, ShipStation and Smile.
- Free account options , through which you can gradually access all the facilities offered by the platform.
- Use of pre-built form templates and automations for marketing campaigns.
- Personalization and segmentation options for messages and product recommendations.
- List automations , abandoned cart tracking, welcome messages and promotions.
- Collection of accurate information about customers through forms that you can add to your website.
- Application of A/B tests to optimize the information and generate greater impact.
- Segment customers and send relevant messages according to their relationship with the business and time of loyalty.
- Measure economic results through reports that are focused on its growth and expansion.
- Reach customers through SMS campaigns during the purchase and at the end of it.
- Synchronization of data and identification of similar audiences for the creation of ads on Instagram and Facebook.
The Klaviyo platform seamlessly integrates with Smile.io, Recharge, Zendesk, Swell Rewars, Aftership, and Facebook advertising, so Shopify can get the best results and benefits for your business.
SMS Bump is a widely used Shopify marketing application, recognized and valued by its customers, as it is a real ally for businesses that are growing.
It has been designed for the creation of SMS/MMS marketing campaigns (text with images), in compliance with the TCPA and GDPR data protection regulations.
One of the best advantages is that it integrates with the main Shopify apps for Reviews, UGC, Loyalty, ESP, subscription services, help desks, and more.
The basic functions of this application are aimed at automation and text marketing:
- The creation of SMS flows , which allows the business to work on autopilot.
- Automations with ROI Powered Text , including abandoned cart reminder and customer reactivation.
- MMS Support – Allows you to increase conversion by sending images (PNG) or GIF SMS to customers.
- SMS Targeting – Through this feature you can combine Shopify filters to create a tighter and more defined targeting.
- A/B Testing App – You will be able to run different variants of an SMS message and measure performance.
- Full support creation and tracking of Shopify discount codes + individual discount codes
- Programming of SMS campaigns .
- Create opt-out lists – Unsubscribed customers can be tracked.
- Shopify POS – is capable of collecting in-store subscribers, segmenting them, and launching targeted campaigns
There are many features that make this application a perfect ally for the success of your e-commerce:
- You can automate the sending of messages taking into account the local time zone of the clients.
- The maximum cost per message allows you to optimize resources and not send SMS above a certain payment threshold.
- Integrated to GIPHY and Pexels.
- Detailed in-app analytics – allowing you to get detailed information regarding order tracking, link clicks, SMS by country, conversion rate, amount spent, campaign and specific automation statistics, image SMS and special email tags. SMS GIFs.
- SMS Bump works great with other marketing platforms (email, Facebook messaging, web push apps, support help desks, pop-up apps, billing and shipping notification apps, product upsells, cross-sells, reviews and platforms). UGC, loyalty and reviews, subscription-based applications). Also, it can be integrated with ReCart, ReCharge, Klaviyo, Yotpo, PushOwl, Privy.
Shopify not only provides a platform for online businesses to build brand awareness, but also makes some of the best SMS marketing apps available.
If you want to implement an SMS marketing strategy for your Shopify store, do not hesitate to write to our email email@example.com, our team of experts will advise you throughout the process.
The 5 best shipping apps for shopify stores
Optimize the conversion rate of your e-commerce using cro
How to apply seo in shopify to increase organic traffic?
Top 5 Shipping Apps for Shopify Stores
Optimize the conversion rate of your e-commerce using CRO
How to apply SEO in Shopify to increase organic traffic?