To date, there has always been talk about best practices to optimize your website in search engines but no one, at least Google, has made clear the best practices to optimize your news and, consequently, rank better in Google News.
Alvaro Morata in Google News
First I would like to point out that if you work in a media company, it is your duty as an SEO to include the articles in Google News. To achieve this, it is necessary to meet 2 fundamental requirements.
- Have a directory www.yourcompany.com/directory with only original content
- Include biographies of your writers with a photo and links to their social profiles like Twitter or LinkedIn
- Create a news sitemap. The latter is not mandatory but highly recommended
To include your website in Google News, you need to fill out an online form from the Google News Console.In this form, you must fill in:
- Description of your website
- URL / Domain
- Name of your company/media
- Directory URL with original content
- Category to which your articles belong
Form to include your website in Google News
- Create clear and precise headings
and s. Read this article for more information.
- Provide exact dates and time of publication of the news. To help Google:
- Show the date and time clearly in your news below the
and above the
- Use structured data schema datePublished and dateModified
- Do not artificially update the news to try to get more traffic or write the same story with different words.
- Avoid duplicate content , never copy the news from another media outlet. Ultimately, be transparent.
- Try to provide accurate content about your writers in the bios.
- Check the Google News console