After investing a lot of time in building your online store , you may find it difficult to make online sales.
Or, after having recorded growth in the first months following the opening of your e-commerce store, it seems to have reached a plateau and your turnover seems to stagnate.
Indeed, there are effective techniques to help you achieve your goals, and therefore increase the conversion rate of your Shopify store. This will have the effect of attracting more visitors and increasing the sales of your online store.
In this article we will see what a conversion rate is and how to calculate it, and finally how to increase this rate on Shopify with a professional and reassuring site.
WHAT IS A CONVERSION RATE AND HOW TO CALCULATE IT? 🤔
The conversion rate measures the relationship between the people who performed the action expected of them, as part of a marketing campaign and the total number of individuals reached by this campaign.
In other words, it measures the effectiveness of a campaign. Thus, to calculate it, simply divide the number of people who performed the expected action, by the number of visitors to whom the message was passed, then multiply the result by one hundred.
For example, you emailed 500 people to download a free little cookbook against their contact information. 30 people sent their details and downloaded the document. So, the conversion rate for this campaign will be: 30/500*100=6%.
• The conversion rate measures the ratio between the people who performed the action expected of them during a marketing campaign, and the total number of individuals reached by this campaign.
• The conversion rate measures the effectiveness of a marketing campaign.
• It is calculated by dividing the number of people who performed the expected action by the number of people to whom the message was passed, multiplied by one hundred.
WHAT IS A GOOD SHOPIFY CONVERSION RATE? 📈
In general, the average conversion rate is between 1% and 5.2%. Having a good Shopify conversion rate is all about using these averages as benchmarks.
However, it is advisable to achieve a higher rate, thus having a constantly improving conversion rate for your Shopify store.
Indeed, UnBounce's 2021 Conversion Benchmarking Report claims that the average conversion rate for e-commerce is 5.2%.
However, it should be noted that some Shopify stores fail to achieve high conversion rates when the target shopper persona, demographics, and other parameters are not taken into account.
• Have a good Shopify conversion rate which is between 1% and 5.2%.
• It is advisable to have a constantly improving conversion rate for your Shopify store.
• Some stores fail to achieve high conversion rates when target shopper persona, demographics, and other parameters are not considered.
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR SHOPIFY CONVERSION RATE? 🚀
There are several techniques or points to review on your Shopify site to increase the conversion rate of your store. From the outset, it will be necessary to improve the navigation of your website.
To do this, you must make sure that the Internet user will not encounter any obstacle that could harm his navigation, because you could lose sales. In addition, you can also offer irresistible offers to increase your conversion rate.
To do this, use a bundle (or cross-sell) application to offer your customers offers of the “buy 1, get 1 free” type, for example. You can also use an “exit pop-up” with a promotional price that appears after 30 seconds of browsing, for example. A final technique is to use A/B testing if you have a single-product store.
Also an important thing: Retargeting! For this you can use the Klaviyo plugin which will assist you in the task of contacting your lost prospects, those who have left their baskets on hold and much more.
• Improve your site navigation to increase your conversion rate
• Offer irresistible offers using the cross-sell app
• Use an “exit pop-up” with a promotional price that appears after 30 seconds of browsing, for example.
HOW TO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL AND REASSURING SITE? 💡
An online store that doesn't look professional and reassuring can hurt your store's conversion rate. Small flaws do not escape customers and often make them doubt your credibility.
It is therefore necessary to verify certain fundamental elements. The first element to check is the French used, which must be impeccable at the risk of scaring away customers, both in terms of spelling and the tone of voice used.
Also, do not forget the mandatory legal notices that certify your good faith. It is essential for you to establish a climate of trust between you, your prospects and your customers.
To do this, often integrate trust badges into your sales tunnel, especially when they have to enter their credit card (which display the advantages and guarantees that you offer) and reviews on Shopify (invite them to leave a comment for an order carried out).
Also, a short, simple and precise domain name can give more confidence to users, and also make sure you have a valid SSL certificate.
• Use impeccable French at the risk of scaring away your customers, remember to take care of your tone of voice
• Do not forget the obligatory legal mentions which certify your good faith
• Establish a climate of trust between you and your prospects or customers.
IN SUMMARY, THE CONVERSION RATE... 💫
What is a conversion rate?
• The conversion rate measures the ratio of people who performed the action expected of them, during a marketing campaign, and the total number of individuals reached by this campaign.
What is the average conversion rate in e-commerce?
• A good Shopify conversion rate is between 1% and 5.2%. Nevertheless, it is advisable to have a constantly improving conversion rate for your Shopify store
How to increase your conversion rate on Shopify?
• To increase the Shopify conversion rate of its online store, you must improve the navigation of your site and offer irresistible offers on it
Why have a professional and reassuring site?
• It is also important to have a professional and reassuring site, with in particular irreproachable French, the presence of legal notices and to establish a real climate of trust between your customers and you.
Top comments (0)