SMS is a powerful communication tool that allows companies to carry out different types of marketing campaigns. Its advantages are particularly numerous, although sometimes not well known to professionals. There is therefore still time to play your game well and stand out from your competitors by adopting it as part of your communication campaigns.
Create a free account on Sendinblue for your first SMS campaign .
What is SMS Marketing?
SMS Marketing consists of communicating with your customers and prospects through SMS. In the same way as e-mail marketing, SMS Marketing keeps your target informed of news and promotions, most often limited in time.
If this marketing tool is still sometimes shunned by merchants when it is not completely unknown to them, it nevertheless proves to be very effective when it comes to communicating on an ad hoc basis with loyal or potential customers.
If you have a digital business, you can exploit the advantages of this communication vector to boost your performance. Moreover, the statistics are clear on this subject since the figures surrounding the SMS are as follows:
- 96% of consumers have a mobile or smartphone.
- 92% reading of the message following receipt.
- 60% memorization rate.
Are you still not convinced or do you want more information about this? Find out how SMS marketing can help you boost your e-commerce .
How to use SMS Marketing in e-commerce?
Here's how SMS marketing can help boost your e-commerce:
1. SMS marketing helps you reach a large segmented audience
On the web, even more than in the physical world, competition is fierce. Thus, it is not always easy to successfully stand out and reach a targeted audience. To obtain real results, it is important to opt for an effective multi-channel communication strategy.
In this context, the SMS can make it possible to reach an important audience, while ensuring that it is correctly targeted. The sending of SMS marketing is indeed done through qualified and very well segmented database.
2. SMS marketing help you create personalized messages
SMS marketing are messages that can be completely personalized. By integrating the surname of each recipient, each shipment is unique, although shipments can be made in bulk and automatically .
In this sense, they participate fully in improving the quality of the customer experience and the brand image, without time-consuming repercussions on the management of the company.
3. SMS marketing helps you connect directly with your customers
SMS is a useful medium that allows you to create a close relationship with your customers without doing so intrusively. By using it as the central medium of your communication strategy, you will be able to ensure the transmission of various useful information to your customers. These shipments have several purposes, namely:
- Informative : you can use this type of SMS to confirm an order, announce a delivery, alert on a product restocking... The objective is to improve the quality of the customer experience and thus increase the rate of commitment to the brand. This also helps to build customer loyalty over time.
- Promotional : ideal for transmitting promo codes, to inform of the start of sales, and much more. Promotional SMS marketing is perfect for boosting the commercial performance of an e-commerce. It is essential to increase the turnover of the company and this is quickly seen in terms of return on investment.
- Relational : relational SMS allows you to work on the company's relationship with its customers. The best example of this type of message is the birthday message. By being personalized, this type of message constitutes a small attention always appreciated by customers. If it contains a promo code or a gift voucher, the assurance of triggering purchasing behavior is almost systematic.
4. SMS marketing helps you reach international customers with just a few clicks
Commerce on the Internet makes it possible to reach an international audience. Here again, it is all the more important to be able to target your SMS sendings to ensure a powerful and successful marketing campaign .
To do this, it is possible to rent databases containing targeted prospects in different countries. With the ability to reach such a large audience, you will be able to increase your performance tenfold and ensure the sustainability of your e-commerce.
It is also interesting to note that sending SMS internationally remains relatively inexpensive, especially compared to other communication channels such as telephone calls, for example.
5. SMS marketing helps you save marketing budget
The SMS is an inexpensive tool that allows mass mailings by mobilizing a relatively limited budget. If you are the manager of an e-commerce that you have just launched, SMS is an excellent way to develop your activity without having a major impact on your cash flow.
Conversely, if your e-commerce is fully functional and you have a certain marketing budget, you can devote a significant part of it to your multi-channel campaigns including SMS.
In both cases, the SMS makes it possible to optimize the communication budget thanks to advantageous rates and significant returns on investment.
6. SMS marketing gives you real-time performance tracking
Launching an SMS marketing campaign as part of an e-commerce communication campaign has another advantage to boost activity. Indeed, SMS is a tool whose performance can be monitored in real time.
The issuer can thus know the impact of the campaign launched and its repercussions in terms of ROI, in particular. Among the many performance markers, we can follow:
- The open rate.
- The click-through rate on embedded links.
- The engagement rate.
- The unsubscribe rate.
- … This makes it possible to optimize the content of the messages and to rectify them in order to boost their impact if necessary. Finally, the SMS makes it possible to establish a direct link with its audience.
In short :
As you will have understood, thanks to these different arguments, SMS is indeed capable of boosting your e-commerce. However, in order to guarantee such performance, it is important to use a trusted service provider.
Before finishing, we draw your attention to the rental of databases. It is indeed necessary to be cautious and to make sure of their qualification “opt-in”. Although easy to set up, communication by SMS is nonetheless highly regulated. It is imperative to comply with the regulations in force regarding the sending of SMS and the use of consumers' personal data.
Top comments (0)