One of the best ways to quickly attract qualified traffic to your website is to invest in Google Ads.
Today we are going to explain how the Google search network works and how your brand can stand out on the largest online search platform.
Start reaping the results you want after reading our full content.
What is the Google Search Network?
Ads through the Google search network are those that take advantage of searches performed by users on platforms such as Google or Youtube.
The Google search network encompasses Google Search, Google Shopping, Gmail and Google Play.
What is the difference between the search network and the display network?
Google Ads offers its advertisers two types of media investments on the platform: the search network and the display network.
This second option is where visual banners are distributed among Google's thousands of partner sites.
This type of media appears to selected users as they browse the sites.
This is a way to take advantage of the large volume of online users and can be applied to various options on the platform, such as Google Display, Google Play and YouTube.
What results can I expect from the Google search network?
By investing in Google search network ads, your brand will be present on the largest online search platform, as Google receives almost 80% of all online searches performed today .
Campaigns are segmented and configured according to defined objectives and strategies, with billing also made according to campaign settings, which allows for high control over who is investing.
With good campaigns in this online media format, you can reach the audience you want when they are actively looking for a question, solution or even a brand that meets their needs.
Google Search Network ad types
There are a few ad formats that you can choose from on the Google Ads search network.
- Text, Dynamic, and Search Responsive Ads: This is the most common format on the search network, when ads are composed purely of text and links. This format appears on the search page after a keyword search by the user, right at the top of the page, before organic results.
- Google Shopping Ads: Google Shopping is a format focused on lower-funnel users, who are on the platform looking for products. The user also searches for keywords. In addition to the organic results, the platform also shows, right on the first line, the ads of the brands.
- Graphic and video ads: you can also use the search network to set up more visual campaigns, with banners on partner sites and videos as ads, either on Youtube or even on the Google “Videos” search page.
The Advantages of Using the Google Search Network
There are a few reasons why brands look to Google Ads and the Google search network as an online media investment platform.
We can mention as main advantages:
- The possibility of accurate targeting of ads, as you can choose users according to their profile data such as age, location, gender; keywords and topics searched, which demonstrate specific interests; access to different websites; in addition to the possibility of working with remarketing, to target ads to users who have already had contact with your business.
- Ease of tracking results . As it is an online investment and centralized in the ad platform, it is very easy to follow the results of the configured campaigns and even edit them to optimize or redistribute investments.
- The financial flexibility offered by the platform: unlike a more traditional media channel, which defines how much an ad costs on that channel, in Google Ads it is your brand that determines how much you want to invest in campaigns.
How to make a search network ad in 7 steps?
Want to create your first campaign on the Google search network?
First, we recommend that you go to the post “ What is and How to Advertise on Google Ads ”, as there you will find some more initial information, if you do not yet have an ad account on the platform.
Now, if you already have some familiarity with the platform, follow the steps and tips below:
1. Choose your keywords correctly
Before creating your ads, you need to choose the keywords that will guide you.
They are important for linking the audience's interests with what they will find.
It is essential to choose several keywords to increase your reach and you will even be able to choose from the platform's suggestions for you.
2. Enter product related keywords
In this group of keywords also include those that represent the possible searches, related to the type of solution you offer, that your target audience can do.
3. Understand the information presented
With the keywords selected, the platform will show you a series of related information and, in order to proceed with the configuration of your campaign, you must understand them.
This information will include average monthly searches, competition, and minimum and maximum click bids for each keyword.
Broader terms and higher search volume, by default, will have greater competition and greater investment required.
4. Analyze match types
Once you've selected your keywords, you'll need to select your match type.
There are three options:
Broad match: type of search that includes typos, synonyms, related searches, and term variations;
Phrase Match: Longer searches that include the keyword, with other words before or after the term;
Exact match: The campaign will only show for exact searches of the selected term.
5. Create a Search Network Campaign
In the end, you will effectively configure the ad, in the case of the search network, by writing the ad text and including the redirect links.
Remember that the ad needs to be brief, attractive to your audience and encourage clicks with a CTA.
6. Create the texts for your ads
Here are some more specific tips on creating these texts:
- Ad Title: The title is a strong element, especially in search ads. It needs to be short (the platform limit is 2 lines of 30 characters), it needs to connect with what the user is searching for, and it needs to draw attention to reading.
- Ad Description: This is the smaller text, which comes just below the title and can be a maximum of 80 characters. It is read by those who were hooked by its title and needs, in addition to explaining better, to generate interest for the click. You can explore mental triggers here like curiosity, authority, social proof, etc.
7. Configure and save your campaign
After creating the ads, your campaign is almost ready to enter the Google search network!
To finalize the settings, you must define aspects such as objective, coverage locations, languages, bid strategies (which define how ads will be billed), schedule and daily budget.
The ad platform itself is quite didactic and explains all the points when defining them.
What metrics to track on the search network?
Tracking your campaign is just as important as setting it up.
It is this monitoring and the adjustments made from it that optimize investments and enhance ad results.
In addition to bringing learning, especially for those who are starting, about what works best with the brand's audience.
The main metrics you should track are:
- CTR / Click Through Rate;
- Average CPC / Average cost per click;
- Quality Score / Score from 1 to 10 for the ad;
- CPA / Cost per action;
- Conversion rate.
Reach the Right People with Google Search Ads with These Tips
- Encourage people to take action: Calls to action drive users to click and are even more relevant when ad charges are set up with this objective.
- Highlight important information about your company: make sure that users easily identify who that ad is from and can follow up on the interaction;
- Make adjustments to achieve success: monitor metrics and test and adjust for better results;
- Track your progress: Track campaigns frequently and learn to implement more powerful ads over time.
Ready to explore the Google search network?
With these tips, you are ready to start creating your campaigns on this platform so powerful and so present in the lives of consumers.
Start doing your tests and ads, boosting your brand and attracting qualified traffic to your website.
Top comments (0)