I am often asked about the effectiveness of certain types of links: "Are links from miralinks effective?", "Are links from forum profiles effective?" etc. In this article, I would like to talk about the types and sources of backlinks to the site, as well as their effectiveness.
First of all, it is worth understanding the goals of attracting reference mass to the project . From their appointment, the scope of work can change dramatically.
- Promotion of any queries in search engines.
- Increasing the trust of search engines (the so-called trust).
- Speeding up the indexing of a new site or new material on it.
- Dilution of the back link mass of the project.
- Increasing the thematic citation index .
It’s good when work on the link mass goes in a complex in most areas (it’s true that you should take into account temporary factors: the age of the domain, the rate of increase in the link mass). Of course, all points are interconnected and influence on one of them, as a rule, contributes to the change of the others.
And now the classification of types of links (by source). I arranged them in order of increasing quality (approximately). Thematic and natural links will not be taken into account. The more thematic and natural link, the more weight it has in the eyes of the search engine , the more effect it can give. And in most cases, conclusions or assumptions are only relative to Runet. And one more thing: a lot depends on the quality of sites, for example, a link from the profile of a trusted site may be more effective than "natural" backlinks from an article of a "zero" resource.
1) Links from guest books, holes in content management systems (CMS) and other black spam, which mainly goes through hrumer . I put this item first, because, firstly, I have never used it, and, secondly, back links from such often unmoderated resources will fall off sooner or later. That is, this is not a very promising business. 😄. But I know that sometimes google refers to such links even wow, and some webmasters pump TIC with them. Due to the lack of foresight, I would not recommend this source to anyone.
2) Links from profiles behave differently. In general, they are not very stable in the search engine index. True, from experience, if the site is written on its own engine + a well-filled profile + a high-quality trust resource, then the backlinks are constantly in the index and appear in the webmaster panels (Yandex and Google). An extra link is never redundant. True, here you also need to be careful and leave them only from high-quality sites (for example, those that are in the Yandex catalog ).
For a middle-aged site, links from profiles may be suitable for diluting the link mass. I did not measure separately, but some managed to raise the TIC on profiles. Here I mean manually completed profiles.
3) Links from bulletin boards and site directory . In RuNet there are, perhaps, a couple of hundred sites of this type, on which it is worth leaving a link. And then their influence will be significantly underestimated. Site directories should look like useful resources, not dumps of links. This source is only suitable for diluting the reference mass. The more diverse links your project recommends, the better for it. But again, you should not send your ads and descriptions to hundreds of sites immediately after registering a domain. Here you need naturalness and degree.
4) Backlinks from social bookmarking services . Almost all of them are under the Yandex AGS filter , but the fastbot lives there anyway, so you can get links from there to speed up indexing. And no one canceled google. He indexes them. For a new site, social bookmarking services may be useful, but in general, I think that a good site itself should be well indexed 😄.
5) Links from dofollow blogs and directly from comments . Again, only to dilute the reference mass. Such "return lines" will be difficult to raise a request or increase the TIC .
6) Links from sites and blogs on free platforms : ucoz, livejournal ( experiment on zero sites in LiveJournal ), blogspot and so on. Much depends on the quality of the site and its "pumping". That is, links from a newly created site will have almost zero weight. Projects with a permanent audience (at least with a search one), a good past, will also transmit high-quality links. You can do cross-posting on blog platforms, which I wrote about in this article .
7) Links from social networks (Vkontakte, FB, twitter and so on). Social networks are more and more "opened" for search engines, and those, in turn, pay more and more attention to links from these resources. So far, this is only the 7th unofficial place, but I think that soon the importance of links from social networks will increase. The trend of socialization is still on the rise, so now it is worth taking care of the link mass from such resources.
8) Article directories . Just like with site directories, article directories are different. It is better not to pay attention to unmoderated and low-quality ones right away. It deserves only sites with a good history, high-quality design, but there are few of them. It is desirable that they also be of the same subject as the promoted resource. Here's another catch - these directories need unique, useful content. If you have a lot of free time, then you can do this type of promotion.
Article directories will probably help raise non-competitive keywords in the issuance. The growth of TIC is hardly worth waiting for.
9) Links from forum posts . The main advantage of such links is their naturalness (I don't mean point number 1 here). Thanks to them, the link mass is diluted and trust from search engines increases. Yes, and traffic comes through them 😄.
10) Links from exchanges like sape (I mean classic sape). With this source, you can do anything: raise the birds, positions, and dilute the reference mass. True, the influence of such links is gradually decreasing every month.
11) Links from article exchanges like liex . Back in the summer, I experimented with raising the TIC with articles in this exchange: part 1 , part 2 , part 3 . It turned out quite expensive and troublesome. Therefore, I no longer worked with article exchanges of this kind. Although during the experiment, traffic on sites for promoted queries still increased, but not significantly. Bought articles with monthly payment.
12) Link exchange . If you cross-exchange links with thematic sites and do it in the most natural way, then, in this case, these links will have a good effect, raising the site in search engine results and its indicators.
13) Post or eternal links ( blogun , gogetlinks and the like). This source of links allows you not to "blink" the link mass, and also shows itself well both in promoting sites in search engines, and, for example, when building up puzomerki.
14) Drafts . I put this item after the guards with only one advantage - drafts are more natural, they are placed on friendly and (or) thematic projects. For example, in the promotion of complex queries under google, the presence of drafts is almost necessary. They also dilute the reference mass well. I would not recommend increasing the TIC or speeding up indexing.
15) Natural links from blogs (sites) . Such "returns" receive only interesting and high-quality resources. As a rule, free anchors are placed. Now the direct occurrence of the keyword in the anchor has a much lower weight than it was, for example, 1-2 years ago. It becomes more important in which text and on which resource the link is located. Thanks to them, the trust of search engines, TIC increases and the reference mass is diluted.
16) Eternal links in articles (for example, miralinks ). These are very high quality links. If we do not take the acceleration of indexing, then they immediately effectively affect the remaining 4 points. Yes, they are not cheap enough, but their usefulness is very high. With the help of them, I managed to increase the traffic of 2 sites by more than 2 times .
17) Backlinks from news resources that are in Yandex news. This is such a separate "caste (sect)" sites 😄. They always have search spiders in order to quickly analyze content and provide up-to-date information to users through their aggregators (because news needs an eye and an eye). Links from such resources should convey a good trust, and will also help in speeding up indexing. It is this direction that I am currently engaged in, posting articles in miralinks on sites that are present in Yandex.News.
- If you have an opinion about the order of the sources, then go ahead in the comments.
- If you have something to add, then I'm waiting for messages.
- If something is not clear (or you need to clarify something), then I am ready to answer your questions.
- If you want to argue constructively, you are also ready to chat in the comments. ;-).
I'm waiting for your feedback!
P.S. If you want to see step-by-step instructions for promoting a web project and get an answer to the question of how to promote a site, where Akhmetshin Bulat shares useful information.